Friday, September 14, 2012

More than I can bare

Last night was the first night back at Baymills with community connections, a ministry which I love and benefits me more than them; although how that is possible I don’t know. God has a way of doing that, making things work when the world says it shouldn’t. As usual I was working the kitchen and the stage; I can be a bit of a comedian, enjoying reconnecting with all of the people and having a great time. After the main rush for dinner I had a discussion with a lady regarding the eroding of our senses and how some mediums like books and TV that can cause people to be desensitized to numerous stimuli, such as violence, sexy, drugs and alcohol. In the discussion we had, I mentioned that I need to be careful with what I let in with those senses.  Something’s; I said, I must avoid all together.
It was at this point that the discussion got interesting and she made the remark  that I was weak.  My response was quick and shocking to her; and believe it or not, also myself. I agreed with her, immediately and said, Yes, I am weak thank God for Jesus. I also quoted Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Out of nowhere I had an opportunity to share with her, that I needed Jesus and that he was my only hope.
It wasn’t what I would call a typical testimony, but it was full of truth and honesty. It also hit at the core of the human condition; we are weak, imperfect and lacking in some way shape or form. Each one of us has our own challenge areas. What the actual weakness is doesn’t matter, the reliance on Christ does.
The conversation continued and seemed to blossom into more questions about how and what a walk with Christ should look like and how to protect one’s self against the onslaught of the world. Since I have a blog and have written several corresponding letters I shared with her my website link and encouraged here to read some of my recent posts. What I wanted to stress in this post is to not be afraid of your weaknesses, but rather embrace them in the knowledge that even though it might be too much for us to bare, Jesus will carry our burdens and use what we think is weak to help someone else.
Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

2 comments:

  1. 2nd Corinthians 12:7

    "And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. It is true that sometime things are put in our lives to test and grow us.

    ReplyDelete