Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Getting connected with a pine cone?

I know what you are thinking, getting connected to what? As you can see by the picture I have a pinecone in the hand. But weather I hold a pinecone, bird or another of God’s creations the result is always the same. This morning during my walk into work I once again found myself scoping up this innocent looking pinecone to be struck with the perspective that I am holding something that God created. What an odd and exhilarating feeling. I am holding something that my creator formed, something that he at one time held in his hand, now how cool is that.
As I look and ponder this wonderful piece of creation, I realize that my revelation is twofold. The second perspective I have encountered is that life is wrapped up in this seemingly cut off, dried up and seemingly dead seeding mechanism. I say mechanism because; unlike some I cannot profess to know how this little baby works. I know if I were to plant one of its tabs that somehow it has the potential to spring into life, but I do not know how. Like most plants, trees and shrubs these living creatures propagate through a seeding process. This process is a great example of how the mystery of God works as well as a living gospel of life after death. For if these plants can produce life after death, every year with the assistance of God, then how can we say that we will not be treated the same.
The question should not be if there is life after death, but what kind and how will we grow. We to are seeds and our growth depends on the choices we make and if we will follow the laws of God or the world. I guess that’s why the bible uses the terms of harvest when referring to the resurrection. It also states that he will separate the wheat from the tares. I don’t know about you but I want to be more than just a weed using up good fertile land with no fruit to bear.
So I urge you to stay connected to God, pick up a pinecone or something else he made and marvel at his work this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Great revelation Ed! That must've been an exciting walk you had! I find this statement very essential: "We to are seeds and our growth depends on the choices we make and if we will follow the laws of God or the world." Our choices affect our direction in life and later on, our destination. Let us (seeds) grow in the fertile ground of His Word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, my wife said this was the best blog yet and that she really enjoyed having a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete