Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Snail's Pace


Have you ever felt like you are moving so slow you could barely tell if you are moving at all? I don't mean physically, but mentally, emotionally or in other words spiritually.

Many times in my life and even very recently I have asked the question, “What is my purpose in life, what am I supposed to be doing or more importantly, what is God’s will for me.” I know that I am not alone, I have had many conversations with other fellow Christians and this topic remains at the forefront of many people’s minds. I am glad to see that I am not alone, and that people are interested in what God’s will is for their lives. It means that they are looking beyond their own needs. And so since I know I struggle with a common issue I wanted to share my thoughts with you.

I have realized a few things; God sometimes does not answer this question because, you are right where he wants you. Stop and think for a minute, if God had some larger plan for you, do you think that it would be difficult for him to put you into that plan. He who hung the stars and planets into place can do all things. Also in my daily “Grind” as many people call it, I find myself with moments of sharing Christ with others. Now granted probably not as much as I should. But what if God just wants you to live a righteous life and be an example to those currently around you? Who says you have to go to another country to be a missionary? Aren’t the people in your life now just as precious as the ones half way across the world and don’t they need the hope of Christ as much as the next person?

Sometimes this realization slips my mind and usually because I have failed to connect with God the first thing in the morning. So I urge you to do daily devotions, everyday and encourage you that you are where he wants you. Look for God’s will in all the things in your life, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God.” And if you are looking for a more direct connection with the father, prayer and fasting have helped me in the past to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit and his will. Keeping a journal is often helpful and even walks by your self, looking at his creation can be inspiring. That is how I came up with today’s topic, the birds morning song reminded me that praise and worship are fitting everyday and that his will for us is new each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment